Well, it looks like it might have been the other Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass. leakage With the release of Wave 2, it seems that data collectors have been able to decipher some of the pieces that will appear in future updates and match them with original leak. Here it is, courtesy of a Twitter user Fishguy6564:
Here’s our own breakdown (tracks listed above are in bold):
– Rock Cup: London Loop (Excursion), Peach orchards (DS), Lake Boo / Broken pier (GET), Alpine pass (3DS)
– Moon Cup: Berlin roads (Excursion), Waluigi Stadium / Wario College (GCN), Merry mountains (?), Rainbow Road (3DS)
– Fruit cup: Amsterdam Drift (Tour), Wii, DS, ?
– Boomerang Cup: on the Singapore Expressway (Tour), GameCube, GABA, Circles of Los Angeles (Excursion)
– Feather Cup: Tour, Wii, Sunset wildlife (GET), round
– Cherry Cup: Bangkok rush (Tour), GameCube, SNES, ?
– Acorn Cup: Vancouver speed (Excursion), Maple Treeway (Wii), ?, ?
– Spiny Cup: Tour, GameCube, ?, Wii
Update: Dataminer OatmealDome also explained in a little more detail what was going on:
Nintendo accidentally left a lot of music preview files in the 2.1.0 update, so we were able to set up a few unreleased courses!
What is a “music preview file”? Loading the entire music file from ROM can take some time, so a separate “prefetch” file is created from the first ~1 second that can be preloaded into memory. This callback is fired when the entire file is loaded.
Unfortunately, Nintendo deleted all the unreleased course songs from the ROM, but accidentally left some pre-call files. (They are kept in a separate location.)
It is possible to set several rates only on the first ~1 of their music!
So there you have it – these tracks could be in the future if this data mine is accurate. However, keep in mind that there is no official confirmation and things can change between now and the release of these future waves.
How do you feel about the above tracks being included in the Booster Course Pass? Tell us below.