Alex Jones’ lawyer ‘tousled’ and despatched two years of messages to attorneys for Sandy Hook mother and father

A far-right conspiracy theorist’s legal team Alex Jones accidentally sent two years of phone records to the parents of Sandy Hook school shooting victims’ lawyers, cross-examination at his defamation trial revealed Wednesday.

“Your attorneys messed around and sent me a complete digital copy of your entire cell phone with every text message you’ve sent over the last two years,” said attorney Mark Bankston. Jones said to decide in a civil case at the hearing on damages.

“And that’s how I know you lied to me when you said you didn’t need to post about Sandy Hook,” he added.

Jones has long promoted the theory that in 2012 the shooting that killed 20 children and six teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, US, was a hoax.

Last year, he was found guilty in four defamation cases for failing to comply with court orders.

Bankston argued Wednesday that Jones lied under oath about searching his phone for messages and withheld evidence in lawsuits filed by Sandy Hook families.

Jones replied that he had turned his phone over to his team.

“This is your Perry Mason moment,” he told Bankston, referring to the fictional TV lawyer who often presented dramatic evidence in court that changed proceedings.

Bankston is part of the legal team representing Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of 6-year-old Sandy Hook shooting victim Jesse Lewis.

The Washington Post reported that Bankston caught Jones in a similar controversy over related emails. emails, showing emails sent by Jones court copies of the letters, despite his insistence that he not use e-mail.

Bankston also revealed evidence that Jones was unsure about his financial situation, possibly to avoid $150 million in defamation damages sought by the Sandy Hook parents The New York Times reported.

Jones’ company, Free Speech Systems, bankruptcy at the start of the trial – and on his far-right website Infowars did the same back in April.

Jones testified Wednesday that he now admits that the Sandy Hook massacre was real.

He said meeting the parents of the victims, who he previously called “crisis actors,” changed his mind. “It’s 100 percent real,” Jones said. according to Associated Press.

Despite this concession, Jones continues to defend his actions and claims that the trial violates his freedom of speech.

He arrived at the courthouse “Save the 1st” written on duct tape over his mouth last week.

Leave a Comment